- To promote respect for human rights and civic values.
- To empower citizens with human rights knowledge and skills to demand and defend their rights.
- To advocate for a human-rights friendly policy and legislative framework that can foster respect for human dignity.
- To promote citizen awareness of basic human rights and duties guaranteed in the Bangladesh Constitution and international human rights instruments.
- To undertake research, monitoring and documentation of human rights practices.
- To promote good governance, respect for the rule of law, democracy and legal protection of human rights.
- To promote best practices in the administration of justice in Bangladesh.
- To enhance the capacity of democratic structures with knowledge on legal rights, procedures, remedies and civic obligations.
- To promote access to justice through public interest litigation and legal aid services
- To promote solidarity and partnership building with and among similar institutions, government, communities and individuals on a national, regional and International level.
- To build a strong and sustainable human rights organization.